2019 MONTHLY MEMBER EVENTS
HAMMER TIME Is the monthly program and networking event for the HBACV membership These events allow members to gather in a informal setting to engage with others members as well as participate in education, information and service presentations along with fellowship and socialization.
– February 19 (Tues.) Hammer Time: 2018 Superlative awards. General Assembly Wrap-Up; Spring Raffle Kickoff; College Scholarship applications. 5-7 pm. (HOSTED BY THE FLOOR SHOW)- February (dates TBD after 2/19): Code Change Seminars with local building officials. Session one & two and three of three. At HBACV office.
– March 19 (Tues.) Hammer Time: Sponsor presentation; Spring membership kickoff; Parade of Home update; initiatives; Spring Raffle push. Starts at 5 pm. HOSTED BY PINNACLE CABINETRY)
– March 6: Rebates and Discount Seminar. Lunch & Learn at 12 noon at HBACV office. Hands-on class showing members how to utilize program to gets $$$$ back in free construction product rebates.
– March 21 Education Program: Energy Efficiency. Understanding change and improvements to home insulation. 10 am to at 2 pm. Lunch provided. Registrar by Mar. 15.
– March (dates TBD): Workplace and worker safety with HealthWorks/Mid-State
– April 16 (Tues.) Hammer Time: Sponsor presentation; Spring membership drive competition update; Code Changes; Spring Raffle push). 5-7 pm. Please RSVP (HOSTED BY ASSURANCE FINANCIAL
– April 26 (Fri. – tentative date) HBACV Spring $10,000 Raffle: Annual scholarship gala raises money to provide yearly tuition grants for four college students. The ticketed and catered event offers $10,000 in cash prizes and is scheduled from 6 pm to 10:00 pm Contact a member for ticket info.
– April – CAPS COURSES: Dates to be announced. (Wed-Fri): : (Hosted by either by HBACV or Roanoke Regional Builders Association). Three-day fee-based courses. On design building and marketing Livable Homes for Aging Buyers. Details to come.
– May – CAPS COURSES: May 16-18 (Wed-Fri): (Hosted by Roanoke Regional Builders Association). Three-day fee-based courses. On design building and marketing Livable Homes for Aging Buyers. Details to come.
– May 21 (Tues.) Hammer Time: College Scholarship Winners announced/presentation; Spring membership drive competition final push; Golf Tournament Details Announced). 5-7 pm. HOSTED BY FERGUSON)
– June18 (Tues.) Hammer Time: HBACV Programs for 2019; Here comes Touch A Truck. 5-7 pm. (HOST To BE DETERMINED)
– June 28: HBACV Summer Cook Out/ Hammer Time: (Site TBD / details to be determined. (Sponsorships available)
– July 18. (Thurs.) Summer Education Program: Work place safety. HealthWorks and Regional NAHB / HBAV Program host site to be determined. Registration deadline July 16.
– August 2nd (Fri. – tentative date) Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament: At London Downs
GC Registration / lunch at 12:30 pm; Shotgun start 1:30 pm; prizes and post-event social at 6 pm.
– August 20 (Tues.) Hammer Time: Hammer Time: Program to be determined. Starts at 5 pm. (HOSTED BY FOSTER FUELS)
– September 14 (Sat.) – The Sixth annual Touch A Truck: at Sims Farm in New London. HBACV’s Annual Charity Fundraiser. Net proceeds from this event support the HBACV community outreach for Local Children’s Charities. The event draws more than 5,000 attendees.
– September 24 (Tues.) Hammer Time: Touch A Truck Charity recognition and check presentations. Fall membership drive push. Starts at 5 pm. HOSTED BY SELECT BANK)
– Fall Home & Garden Showcase (in partnership with Central Virginia Business Coalition): Details on location, dates and more being announced in May.
– October 15 (Tues.) Hammer Time: Program to be determined. Starts at 5 pm. HOSTED BY BOXLEY)
– October – Two Weekends: (Likely Oct. 12-19) PARADE OF HOMES: Details to be Announced.
– October – CAPS COURSES: Dates to be announced. (Wed-Fri): (Hosted by either by HBACV or Roanoke Regional Builders Association). Three-day fee-based courses. On design building and marketing Livable Homes for Aging Buyers. Details to come.
– November 19 (Thurs.) Hammer Time/Full Membership meeting: Sponsor & Site TBD; nomination and selection of officers of 2019 officers. (HOSTED BY FIRST NATIONAL)
– December 6 (Fri.) Christmas Scholarship Gala: (At City Views in Downtown Lynchburg) Annual Holiday Gala with installation of 2019 officers and board meeting. A ticketed and catered event. Site TBD. 6:45 pm until 11 pm.