2019 MONTHLY MEMBER EVENTS
HAMMER TIME Is the monthly program and networking event for the HBACV membership These events allow members to gather in a informal setting to engage with others members as well as participate in education, information and service presentations along with fellowship and socialization.
– September 14 (Sat.) – The Sixth annual Touch A Truck: at Sims Farm in New London. HBACV’s
Annual Charity Fundraiser. Net proceeds from this event support the HBACV community outreach for Local
Children’s Charities. The event draws more than 5,000 attendees.
– September 24 (Tues.) *Hammer Time: Touch A Truck Charity recognition and check presentations. Fall
membership drive push. Starts at 5 pm. HOSTED BY SELECT BANK)
– October 3 (Thursday) Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament: At London Downs GC. Registration /
lunch at 12:30 pm; Shotgun start 1:30 pm; prizes and post-event social and awards at 6 pm.
– October 11-12: Central Virginia Home & Garden Showcase (in partnership with Central Virginia
Business Coalition): HBACV Members receive 60% discount on booth fee – just $350; at River Ridge Mall
(former Macy’s Space).
– October 15 (Tues.) *Hammer Time: Program to be determined. Starts at 5 pm. HOSTED BY BOXLEY)
– October – CAPS COURSES: Dates to be announced. (Wed-Fri): (Hosted by Roanoke Regional
Builders Association). Three-day fee-based courses. On design building and marketing Livable Homes for
Aging Buyers. Details to come.
– November 19 (Thurs.) *Hammer Time/Full Membership meeting: Sponsor TBD; nomination and
selection of 2020 officers; annual review. (HOSTED BY FIRST NATIONAL @ Oddfellows Road))
– November 21 (Tentative date) – OSHA Card requirement class for renewal and initial certification. First
Aid, CPR, and AED certifications. (HOSTED at HBACV Office). Presented by HealthWorks. Fee program.
– December 6 (Fri.) Christmas / Installation Gala: (At City Views in Downtown Lynchburg) Annual
Holiday Gala with installation of 2020 officers and board of directors. A ticketed and catered event. 6:45 pm
until 11 pm.
– January 21 (Tues.) Board of Directors retreat. 4 pm to 6 pm. Site to be determined.
– February 18 (Tues.) *Hammer Time: 2018 Superlative awards. General Assembly Update; Spring
Casino Night Kickoff; College Scholarship applications. 5-7 pm. (HOST TO BE DETERMINED)
– February 13: Rebates and Discount Seminar. Lunch & Learn at 12 noon at HBACV office. Hands-on
class showing members how to utilize program to gets $$$$ back in free construction product rebates.
– March 19 (Tues.) *Hammer Time: Sponsor presentation; Spring membership kickoff; Parade of Home
update; initiatives; Spring Raffle push. Starts at 5 pm. (HOST TO BE DETERMINED)
– March 20: Spring Education Class No. 1 : At HBACV Office. Topic to be announced. 2 – 4 pm. Lunch
– March 27 (Fri. ) (Tentative date) HBACV $10,000 Casino Night & Raffle: Annual scholarship gala
fundraiser. Raises money to provide yearly tuition grants for four college & Trade School students. Ticketed
and catered event offers $10,000 prizes and is scheduled from 6 pm to 10:00 pm. Site and details to be
announced in Jan.
– April 16: Workplace and worker safety on job site with HealthWorks/Mid-State. Lunch & Learn. Noon to
1:30 pm. (Hosted by HBACV.) Tues.)
– April 21: *Hammer Time: Sponsor presentation; Spring membership drive competition update; Code
Changes; Spring Raffle push). 5-7 pm. Please RSVP (HOST TO BE DETERMINED)
– May – CAPS COURSES: May 13-15 (Wed-Fri): (Presented by HBACV/RRHBA and Hosted in Salem by
Roanoke Regional Builders Association). Three-day fee-based courses. On design building and marketing
Livable Homes for Aging Buyers. Details to come.
– May 21 (Tues.) *Hammer Time: College Scholarship Winners announced/presentation; Spring
membership drive competition final push; Golf Tournament Details Announced). 5-7 pm. (HOST TO BE
* All Hammer Time events and Code Classes are free and open to up to five employees of the member company